Monday, September 17, 2007

Cool Things of the Week - Sept. 9 - 16


CD: "Coco" by Colbie Caillat - This CD is fun. The song "Bubbly" probably characterizes Caillat's signature sound--it's happy, beautiful, falling-in-love kind of music. Caillat has a clear voice similar in sound to Natasha Beddingfield--but her music is light and guitar-driven. Very cool.

Sugar Splurge: A Frosty Float at Wendy's - if you're like me, you probably don't have rootbeer floats very often. But they're good...very good.


New-to-me place: Kent Station. Okay, it probably helped that I went to Kent Station on a gorgeous sunny day in the Northwest. But it reminded me of Downtown Disney (for anyone who has ever been there). Outdoor shopping (complete with outdoor fireplaces!), music, a good restaurant (I only tried one--Pizzeria Fondi).

Movie: "Hairspray." It may have been because I was with a pretty cool group of people--but honestly, I hadn't laughed that hard in awhile! John Travolta was hysterical. But the funniest part was talking with one of my macho guy friends after the show who said, "Probably the worst part was that I found my foot tapping in the theater!" :)

No comments: