Monday, January 7, 2008

Cool Things...of the Last 2 Weeks

I've taken a bit longer break from blogging, so this "Cool Things" list is for the last 2 weeks or so. Here is my:
  • Favorite thing about the holidays: Visits from family and friends like family who normally live far, far away. (I love you Holly & Devyn!).


  • Cool Bible passage: I Thessalonians 5: 12-18 (The Message) - I know this is a longer passage than I usually highlight, but I just love how the Bible is so real, so straight-up honest, you know?

    And now, friends,
    we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you,
    who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love!
    Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part.
    Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on.
    Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted,
    pulling them to their feet.
    Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs.
    And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other,
    and always do your best to bring it out.
    Be cheerful no matter what;
    pray all the time;
    thank God no matter what happens.
    This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
  • New lunch place: Capers downtown on Pacific. Capers is within walking distance from the office and has this amazing white bean chicken chili (and I think it's actually kinda healthy, too!).
  • Secret Starbucks drink: Short non-fat, no-whip mocha. Short Starbucks drinks are the secret beverages not listed on the menu (shh....). They're the perfect size, cheaper and give you the same amount of caffeine buzz.
  • Fun Christmas gift to give: I actually ordered a "Support the Rabid" bracelet for my sister from "The Office." This only makes sense to Office fans who have seen the Rabies Fun Run episode--mmm hmm, it's real.
  • Relaxing Christmas gift to receive: Thanks to Mom and Dad, an oh-so-lovely gift certificate to Chardonnay spa for a massage...ahh....(and yes, I've already used it!).
  • Innovative CD: One Republic - "Dreaming Out Loud" So this is my sister's new CD, but I had it in my car for a week (love the perks of sharing with family). I think One Republic is innovative because they mix instrumental elements of rock and classical music (not usually my fave--but cool when mixed with other stuff).
  • January holiday: Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friends Day (Jan. 11) - Watch out! :) Somehow, I ended up chatting and laughing with some friends about wacky holidays and this one is my January favorite. Check out the weird holidays here.
  • New personal holiday: Sacred Sleep-in Saturdays - This is the new name I've given to the one day of the week where I can sleep past 7:00.

No comments: