Saturday, February 16, 2008

Love Song for No One

John Mayer has this song called "Love Song For No One" and somehow I found myself writing something that feels like that.

Sometimes I think I write from this kaleidoscope of memories or pictures in my head. I sometimes write and then afterward wonder, "Is that something I feel? Was it something I felt? Based on things I've heard from friends? Saw in a movie?" And the truth is, sometimes it's a weird hodgepodge of all of those things.

So here's my random Love Song for No One--I don't think it's complete and I don't know exactly why I wrote it (you will NOT find me singing at an open mic/karaoke night any time soon). But here it is--just for the fun of it.

Verse
I've known you quite awhile.
Can't believe my heart smiles
just to see you--
just to be with you.
You laugh at all my crazy jokes and
fell in love with my crazy folks.
They adore you.
I adore you.
There's one thing I know for sure--
there's something I need to know.
Chorus
Do you see diamonds in the dust?
Or dust in diamonds?
I'm not talking about Screech.
I'm talking about life, love.
How do you see me?
'Cause I don't want to be a man's best friend.
I want to be the girl who holds his hand.
It all depends--how do you see me?
It all depends--do you see me?

No comments: