Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Top 5 Rejected Valentine's Day Cards at the Retirement Home

I have Valentine's Day plans this year with a mystery man--at a seniors' center. :) Yup, a bunch of us are making cards and paying a visit to our friends at People's Retirement Home. Will I be the trophy girlfriend of the day? I think this may be fun ...

So here are a few of my favorite (completely fictional) cards. (Yes, they are a little cheesy, but it's late--and I do really love older and wiser people):

Top 5 Rejected Valentine's Day Cards at the Retirement Home

5. My heart beats for you--as long I take my meds.

4. Will you be my Valentine? I don't have chocolate, but promise to give you Jell-o and tapioca pudding. Forever. (I seriously might fall for this one when I'm 80).

3. Some may say I have a screw loose, but I love you more than prune juice.

2. I Depend on you.

1. Roses are red, violets are blue.
Your teeth may be missing,
but I still love you.

No comments: