Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Want to Hold the Hand That Holds the World...


Can I just say how much I LOVE Starfield? I first heard their music back when I lived in Canadia (as my sister calls it), the motherland of the band. I just got their latest CD "Beauty in the Broken" and I'm loving it. :)
Their guitar-driven, lyrically-charged worship music is awesome (along with Hillsong United, they're my fav worship band)!
I think it's amazing when musicians and writers can put phrases together that just capture an idea, an emotion, an expression of what you want to say--better than you can say it yourself. Anyway, here's one example from their new CD. These are the lyrics from "The Hand That Holds The World" (I highlighted my favorite lines--but the whole song is great!):
No greater joy / Is there than this/ To know for what / We're meant to live /
To hold Your hand / To touch Your face / To find ourselves / In love' s embrace/
I want to stand before the King/
Join in the song that heaven sings/
I want to hold the hand that holds the world/
I want to know the mystery/
Reach out and touch the majesty/
I want to hold the hand that holds the world/
No greater love / Could be bestowed / That You would name us as your own /
Your daughters sing / Your sons rejoice / They gather here before Your throne /
You are, You are / The author of creation / We are, the children of your heart /
You are, You are, / The light of all the heaven / We rise, to worship all You are

No comments: