Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day My Cat Caught On Fire

Thanksgiving is supposed to be a sane holiday ... but not at my parents' house this year. Thanksgiving 2007 will be forever remembered as the day our cat caught on fire. Really.

It started out as a typical Thanksgiving--a house full of people, great food and laughter.

But some time between dinner and dessert, one of my parents' cats decided to jump up on their piano. This is not normally a hazardarous event. But this Thanksgiving, my Mom decided to light some candles amidst the decorations on top of it.

I didn't actually see the tail of the cat in a blaze of glory, but I sure smelled it. It was enough to make my uncle--hypnotized by one of the football games on my Dad's new HDTV--actually get up off the couch.

But the cat survived--and I guess that's just one more thing we can all be thankful for.

No comments: