Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Random Things I'm Thankful For - 2

It's almost Thanksgiving ... and time to celebrate some of the things I'm grateful for. Of course I LOVE my family (they pretty much rock!), friends, church and career. But today I thought I'd blog about more of the random things I'm thankful for at the moment.

(And if you missed my first list--including my smiling dog--you can see it here: "Random Things I'm Thankful For").

Here's the new list:



Snow



Encouraging text messages

Birthdays - Because everybody needs their own holiday. I think I probably have about 10 family members or friends with b-days in October and November ... but I love to celebrate all of them.




Peppermint hot chocolate or mochas - If I'm at Starbucks, I'll typically just ask for 1 pump of peppermint in my non-fat versions of these drinks. If I'm at home, I might make my own ghetto versions with some crushed candy canes.



The Dunder Mifflin Web Site - This just makes me smile-- it's a fake Web site for the fictional paper company featured on The Office. Check out the store (under "Corporate" and "Shop")--I definitely have at least one friend (and fellow Office fan) who will be receiving a "Dundie Award Winner" coffee mug this Christmas. :)

People who smile

Christmas music (well, except for "The Little Drummer Boy") - I like a wide variety--from Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey to Diana Krall (jazz) and Nat King Cole ... and maybe even a little Alvin and the Chipmunks (thank you, '80s childhood!).

Facebook - Because it helps me stay in touch with friends ... from Malawi to London (yes, really) ... and helped my mini TWU 3F-dorm reunion happen.

Good customer service

Lip gloss

Creativity - Thank God there are so many different people in the world who create things that are mind-boggling to me ... or just simply just useful like ...

Post-it notes - They keep me sane and organized at the office.

Secret Santas - I love giving (and getting) fun random little gifts and notes at the office.

Monk e-mails - Oh my word - this Web site is seriously fun! You can customize your own funny and quirkly e-cards for friends, co-workers, whoever--even with personalized audio. So cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you I just found the birthday present I've been looking for. Some nice presents from "The Office" will work nicely.

Jonita said...

Glad to help with the b-day shopping. Hope your friend enjoys "The Office" stuff. :)

Jonita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.