Saturday, June 16, 2007

Be brilliant.




"It’s undeniable how brilliant you are.
In an unreliable world you shine like a star..."



Do you know you're brilliant? Today I was singing with Mat Kearney in my car and these words (from "Undeniable") struck me.

Not just because they're romantic. But because they reminded me of of how God sees us:


"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing." (Philippians 2:14-16).


"Brilliant." It's such a cool word. Doesn't it sound like something you have to say with a polished British or Australian accent? :) What do you think of when you hear "brilliant"? Genius smarts? Diamonds? Bright color? Light so bright it makes you squint?

To be brilliant, something has to be bold. Rare. Stand out. Awe-inspiring remarkable.

So go ahead--be the brilliant star you're designed to be. I dare you.

No comments: