Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fun New Restaurant: Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse


It's Saturday night. I order a steak and a dessert with absolutely no guilt because of the prices. Hot date? Nope...dinner with my family at a restaurant pre-opening.


For some reason, my family has all these odd connections to random free stuff ... and this was no exception. We were invited to a pre-opening night party for Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse in Federal Way. We could order anything we wanted off the menu and only had to pay for our soft drinks--cool, huh?

"You're supposed to throw stuff on the floor?!?"
Jimmy Mac's is not fancy, but it's fun. The atmosphere is designed to be like a Texas roadhouse--complete with loud country music and peanut shells on the floor. (I swear that my Dad got so into throwing shells on the floor that he once hit a fellow guest! :) My Mom couldn't bring herself to throw her shells on the floor, so the waiter would sweep them off the table for her.)


The food is BBQ style but much better than Famous Dave's (sorry if you're a superfan!). They also have some healthier options that are really good--I tried some salmon and veggies. But the steak is fantastic...even my Dad (a self-proclaimed steak expert) was impressed. And the prices aren't bad either, especially for lunch.
We had a great time--and so I thought I'd give them some free advertising. :) Jimmy Mac's definitely has a cool casual vibe...and CLG hosts, it might be a fun place to go for a fun night out with your group.

No comments: